Re: [LI] Linux India and Debian-> Not a flame

Please this is not a flame but just a point of Discussion
I perfectly agree with you but atul next time PCQ comes out with
However do you think it has something to do witj magazines coming
out  with CDs containing Red Hat Distribution or is a Licensing Problem.
Atul,
    Don't you think this disrtibution thing is getting out of hand like in
case
of Debian it comes with .deb whereas for RH it comes with .rpm
I had used the first slackware issue and had liked it very much
and frankly do not like this attachment to a particular distribution
What do say? Soon there is going to be licenses and trademark
and copright restriction
We have already seen staroffice go that way. First it could be distributed
and only Commercial ones had to be paid for. Now we have to download
69 MB of it.

Linux as such should be discussed and developed by open source community
to be distributed  independent of RH or deb etc and ther lies its strength

best regards
Aditya