[LI] Linux India List optimizations?

Dear Folks,

There's one thing that's been playing on my mind for some time now. It's
about the list - to the best of what I know (admittedly little), it was
being run by Thaths off a Debian machine. Right? It definitely was not a Win
box. So, how did happy98.exe get flung onto the list ? This is not so much
for the folks on the complete LI list, but rather the digest version. If it
was an attachment, shouldn't it have appeared along with the text - suitably
encoded? How did it manage to fix itself as an attachment onto the digest
version? If this sounds like an asinine query, please flame, RTFM, curse me
offline, will ya?

There's something else as well, the traffic on LI has shot up (or has it?)
in the recent past - on an average I get 4 Digests (each one approx 43kb).
Is this size limit something that can be adjusted / changed? Or (more
interestingly) is it possible to be able to send around a zipped version (I
know I'm asking for too much, but hey, you gotta try?). Is it possible to
automate the process of sending a zipped version of all the digests of the
day. It ought to reduce the size down considerably. I love to follow what's
happening on LI, though it's neither feasible nor critical for me to reply
immediately to mails. I'm sure there are lots of others like me who have
valued connects that disconnect when choking over large files. Zipping is a
sure shot way of going around that?

As an aside, could there be a Web enabled interface of the messages, so you
could read and post something on the lines of  as /. allows you to? That
would allow me to pick and choose what and how much I want to read in real
time? Say, ordered with info of thread, poster and time of post. That would
make life considerable simple, esp, if I have the remotest lack of interest
in Win bashing or Man of the whatever, or any other posts that waste
bandwidth on a Linux India mailing list.

The Source of the power is with us all. ;-).

ReSourcefully,

    Gandalf Mithrandir   /* "Mobilis in mobile." */   gandalf@xxxxxxxxx
/*   Any Sufficiently Advanced Operating System is indistinguishable from Linux   */
// Do not meddle with SysAds for they are quick to anger and subtle in their ways //