Re: Threading and mutt (was: Re: Perhaps this is what Linux needs...)

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 10:12:02PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian typed:
> Babu Kalakrishnan rearranged electrons thusly:
>
> > As far as I can recall, mutt always uses the In-Reply-To: and
> > criterion - i.e messages  with the same subject line are also added to the
> > thread.
>
> Exactly what I said.  From what I see, if you change the subject line,
> threading seems to get broken

Quite the contrary - The threading doesn't get broken even if the
subject line is changed because In-Reply-To is used. (See below the
output from this same thread in my mutt index which uses the default
mode - I've removed the index number and date fields to prevent the
display wrapping) - Binand's message changed the subject line, but it
still appears in the thread.

FREDERICK NORON (  58)      >[LIG] Perhaps this is what Linux needs more of
Ruchir Tewari   (  88)       *>
Suresh Ramasubr (  29)         >
Suresh Ramasubr (  32)           >
Binand Raj S.   (  13)            >Threading and mutt (was: Re: [LIG] Perh
Suresh Ramasubr (  37)              >
Suresh Ramasubr (  18)                >

Kala