Re: Perhaps this is what Linux needs more of in India now...

ilug-hyderabad seems to have good momentum and they could
reach Chandrababu Naidu to take up spread of linux in the
state as well as the country in a big way. he'll be sure
to get behind this, once he gets a whiff of its potential.

similarly other ilugs could contact their state governments,
to take initiatives to make linux and cheap PCs
easily available to all schools.

localisation is one big issue that has not been addressed
at the government level yet. i believe tamil has made the most
headway.

perhaps all members of this list can check if their schools currently have access to linux and help them get it if not ?

- ruchir

Nagendra, Keep the flag flying. Your spirit needs commendation.
Perhaps we need two things (more than anything else) to give Linux in India a
big boost:
(i) More Indians contributing to the global Linux initiative... and doing so
in a visible manner, so that theire efforts don't get drowned out.
(ii) Success in convincing some state or union territory government to take
up to Linux in a big way (and highlight that, including the financial gain
and other positive fallouts) as done in the Mexico-schools case.
Anyone on this list has ideas on the above? -Frederick.

> comeon people stop bickering/flaming over license and do some REAL work
> for a change and contribute to the community, I don't see even a dozen
> people active from india on the OpenSource/Linux Authoring side anywhere
> ? , when somebody here(ReadersDigest) came searching for names we
> couldn't find atleast one(or few) guy who is a resident of india and was
> doing something serious!
> I don't care to whome my code belogs, as longs as it's opensource and I
> can have look/mod some years from now it ok.I am just proud to be one of
> the few opensource authors here :-)
> ----
> Virtually yours,
> Nagendra
>
> 73's, VU2CLN, ICQ : 4779564 | nagendra@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> | "There is something much more scarce, something rarer than ability.
> | It is the ability to recognize ability." - Robert Half |
> |
> > Warning: the first URL requires a lot of bandwidth (1.6MB)
> > - but it's worth it.
> >
> >         -Arun

   frederick noronha, freelance journalist, fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   near convent, saligao 403511 goa india 0091.832.409490/ 409783
   Bytes For All		http://www.bytesforall.org
   News from Goa      	http://www.goacom.com/news/
   Photos from Goa	http://www.goa-world.net/fotofolio/
   FotoFolio@Yahoo	http://in.photos.yahoo.com/fredericknoronha