Re: Perhaps this is what Linux needs more of in India now...

Ruchir Tewari [Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 09:56:12PM +0000]:

> ilug-hyderabad seems to have good momentum and they could
> reach Chandrababu Naidu to take up spread of linux in the

hehehehe ... Babu Garu is a hardcore Bill Gates fan - so much so that he fell
all over himself to invite M$ into hyderabad, gave it a great site at the
hi-tech city etc etc :)

In the past, we have had lots of the M$ oriented people (CEOs of companies that
develop mostly on microsoft platforms) and Microsoft itself, come into
Hyderabad.  All the RMS, Alan Cox, Rasmus Lerdorf, John Perry Barlow types seem
to be coming into bangalore (as have Caldera, Suse and <i think> Redhat).

A sad state of affairs which needs to be remedied :)

	-s

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org
"What separates normal people from kooks is how they react when people disagree