Re: Threading and mutt (was: Re: Perhaps this is what Linux needs...)

Binand Raj S. rearranged electrons thusly:

> Suresh Ramasubramanian forced the electrons to say:
> >  it added.  I'm not adding it as changing the subject line would break
> >  threading and start a new thread in mutt] :)

> It won't - most MUAs (including mutt) thread on the basis of the

that way iff you set strict_threads (which is off by default).

quoting from the mutt manual ...

> strict_threads
> Type: boolean
> Default: no

> If set, threading will only make use of the ``In-Reply-To'' and
> ``References'' fields when ``sorting'' by message threads. By default,
> messages with the same subject are grouped together in ``pseudo threads.''
> This may not always be desirable, such as in a personal mailbox where you
> might have several unrelated messages with the subject ``hi'' which will get
> grouped together.

	-s

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org
"What separates normal people from kooks is how they react when people disagree