Re: [ot - sort of] spammer bites the dust (goodbye gtcdrom.com)

I tend to align with Fred Noronha, ad defined spam as unsolicited
commercial e-mail which different people would assign different levels
of usefulness to.  I may find GT's postings useful, you may find them
junk, another person may find them offensive.

I fully agree with Fred in that GT is doing a good service for the
community.  I also agree with Suresh in that GT should be prevented
from posting their stuff to people who don't want to receive it.  Is
there a solution?  Perhaps, perhaps not.  Maybe GT could implement a
policy of asking people to register their e-mail addresses on their
web site, and only send hot updates to registered users.  Maybe they
could send a single mail with the URL of the latest prices to the
list.  Maybe linux-india.org could carry the price list.

In other words, instead of trying to define what constitutes spam and
what doesn't, let's try to figure out a solution for this issue which
is acceptable to all parties concerned.

Regards,

-- Raju