Re: Re: Linux usabilty ? (Was Free software companies and stock options)

Babu Kalakrishnan rearranged electrons thusly:

> Suresh, if Fetchmail really *crashes* in that scenario, I'd call it a
> bug (or at the very least improper behaviour). But I have a feeling it
> reports the error and exits gracefully - which is not a *crash* per se.

 It doesn't crash - it throws a sigpipe (or a series of sigpipes) and exits.
 _Especially_ when it runs with procmail as the mda (like when I took sendmail
 out of daemon mode on my workstation ...)

> Well now Kiran might say it should continue with the next message if one
> message causes a SIGPIPE - That would then be a comment on the design of
> the program - not its robustness.

	+suresh