Re: Free software companies and stock options

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000, the greycells of Kiran Jonnalagadda expressed:

> I think not. My experience with it as a corporate server OS shows that
> Linux is not as reliable as is made out, and is also difficult to
> manage. If your Linux person is not available when you have a problem,
> heaven help you (this has happened to me *many* times). With Windows NT,
> rebooting usually fixes the problem (much as we Linux folk hate
> rebooting)

But rebooting a corporate server, on which say people from 'n' no. of
cities where the corporation has its branches, might be working
is _DEFINITELY_ a _BAD_ idea.
Think of the loss in productivity of, say yahoo, if their servers go down
frequently.
If a server has to be reboot to fix the problem, then the very purpose of
it being a server is defeated. :-)

Also, your last statement => "reboot" to solve the problem.
This is _RIDICULOUS_.

and most average users can click around until they find what
> they want.

Cheers !
Amar :)

--