Re: Free software companies and stock options

Kiran Jonnalagadda rearranged electrons thusly:

> No thanks. I love qmail.

 eww... yuck <g,d,r>

> Not a bug? fetchmail crashed with a SIGPIPE in the middle of a session.
> That's a bug. The reason is irrelevant.

 Fetchmail will crash that way when the MDA chokes - for example, try what
 happens when sendmail crashes in the middle of a huge fetchmail session (or if
 you are a masochist, kill -9 sendmail in the middle ...)

> I was a newbie then. If all newbies had this sense, _everyone_ would be
> using Linux today.

 Heh ;)

> I don't like the way sendmail is organised. Gives me the scares. Plus
> there's that silly /etc/aliases system. Okay, I'll stop here!

 Centralizes things, sort of - exim works that far better ;)

> Still don't feel safe. linuxconf has been trouble every single time I've
> used it. I'd rather talk straight to the actual configuration file.

 It's not all that bad, you know - but it does have this annoying habit of
 resetting permissions (when you are running, say pop3d, chrooted, and
 linuxconf merrily changes the perms on the pop3 homedir, causing an almighty
 crash <g>)

 I've not seen it wipe network interfaces _yet_ (and hopefully won't see it,
 considering I learnt not to use linuxconf the hard way - being bitten on the
 ass by it's idiocies)

 	+suresh