Re: Linux usabilty ? (Was Free software companies and stock options)

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 12:09:56AM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian typed:
> > Not a bug? fetchmail crashed with a SIGPIPE in the middle of a session.
> > That's a bug. The reason is irrelevant.
>
>  Fetchmail will crash that way when the MDA chokes - for example, try what
>  happens when sendmail crashes in the middle of a huge fetchmail session (or if
>  you are a masochist, kill -9 sendmail in the middle ...)

Suresh, if Fetchmail really *crashes* in that scenario, I'd call it a
bug (or at the very least improper behaviour). But I have a feeling it
reports the error and exits gracefully - which is not a *crash* per se.

Well now Kiran might say it should continue with the next message if one
message causes a SIGPIPE - That would then be a comment on the design of
the program - not its robustness.

Kala