Re: Linux security features

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 04:38:10PM +0530, Ambar Roy merrily said:
> no wonder i still use linux. For some things nothing can beat linux (or for
> that matter most unixes)! But this doesn't mean that win2k is crap. For some
> things win2k is really cool. Take for instance the ddns system. Ever since i
> implemented the win2k server for dhcp and dns for both linux and win2k
> clients, i have been wondering why this feature is not available on Linux!!!

What feature are you talking about? I am not very clear from the above
para ...  It is funny about how you mention using DNS and DHCP
together. They are both an antithesis of each other ... DHCP gives
dynamic addresses, while DNS relies on static addresses. To allow DNS
to work reliably you would have to hardcode the IP addresses of the
servers whose addresses you would have to serve. Of course, I am only
talking of simple DNS servers - not round robin load balancing ones.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya