Re: Cable modem

    VK> Yes Ive seen the Spectranet connection. Few thoughts though.
    VK> The cable connection is a shared medium. Hence guaranteed 64K
    VK> of 128K access is perhaps difficult to ensure. I spoke to the
    VK> spectranet guys.  They said that they have worked out the
    VK> figure statistically. I believe that Spectra has a 8MB to
    VK> VSNL. (if recently increased , I wouldnt know). Given this
    VK> figure Spectra should limit their subscribers to a max of 240
    VK> subscribers (assuming all to be 64K), and add more bandwidth
    VK> as more subscribers joinup. I am not clear as to how Spectra
    VK> is honouring their Service Level Agreement.

I talked to Spectra and they refused to talk about a Service Level
Agreement at all.  Given that they're among the more expensive of the
Cable/DSL lot, I see no reason to go with them, especially given their
snooty and condescending attitudes (yeah, it's an ego thing ;-)

I've decided to go in for a 10BaseT UTP from my local cable-wallah --
at least I can go kick his a** when the service quality drops :)

    VK> [snip]

Regards,

-- Raju
--