Re: Cable modem

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 10:06:31PM +0530, Lokesh Setia wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>My local cable-wallah now has cable internet.  However, I do not have
>any experience with it and never seen this thing work.

Sorry to intrupt in jour dream land but.
Most of the cable walla in delhi will give one cable modem with 5-6 eth out
for that u got to get a NIC card and a normal
cat 5 will come to jour house.

>Is this cable modem a stand-alone unit like a router or is it
>something which plugs into the computer?  If it plugs in:
>Is it external or internal?  And does it work under Linux?
>
>Looking for some answers...
>
>Bye,
>Lokesh.
>
>--
>Cricket scoreboard for linux
>For more info, visit http://scoreboard.sourceforge.net

---end quoted text---

--
FORTUNE DISCUSSES THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN:	#17

Shoes:
	 The average man has 4 pairs of footwear: running shoes, dress shoes,
boots, and slippers.  The average woman has shoes 4 layers thick on the floor
of her closet.  Most of them hurt her feet.

Making friends:
	 A woman will meet another woman with common interests, do a few things
together, and say something like, "I hope we can be good friends."
	A man will meet another man with common interests, do a few things
together, and say nothing.  After years of interacting with this other man,
sharing hopes and fears that he wouldn't confide in his priest or
psychiatrist, he'll finally let down his guard in a fit of drunken
sentimentality and say something like, "You know, for someone who's such a
jerk, I guess you're OK."
 Pankaj Kaushal <pankaj@xxxxxxx>
 Proud to use GNU <www.gnu.org>