Re: [LI] Prob with Mutt

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 10:17:40AM +0530, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:

> It's a standalone machine, I am the only user and I also have a user login
> but running mutt from there also gives the same message.

All that protects you from other people, but not from yourself :-)
(Having said that, I admit I used to do that for a long time
too...)

> Please explain this bit, I didn't understand what you meant by "touch". You
> see, when I checked in /var/spool/mail/ there is no mailbox named root or
> spavri (username).

If there is no such mailbox it should be created when mail arrives
anyway, automatically.

Try this:
    touch /var/spool/mail/root
OR (even better)
    > /var/spool/mail/root

Now try mutt.

Also try this:
    echo hi|mail root

Then try mutt.  Let us know what happens...