Re: [LI] Prob with Mutt

On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 08:10:01PM +0530, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:
> I'm trying to acces my emails from Linux. I followed the steps as given in
> the PCQ articles. Now when I fire up Mutt it gives the message
> /var/spool/mail/root is absent.

Ooh - first of all why are you running as root? <half joking, half
serious question :->

> When I created it, mutt gives a message /var/spool/mail/root is not a
> mialbox.

How did you create it?  Just a "touch"?  If it's a 0-length file
it should work - I just checked on mine.

As for your existing emails, it is possible that they went to
/root/mbox or some such.  This is the default behaviour of mutt -
at exit time, it moves all read emails to $HOME/mbox.  It asks
first, but if you on a "hit enter" spree (like I am sometimes!)
then you will say yes to that.  The option to disable that and
keep everything in /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME is
    set move=no

So if you are missing emails look in $HOME/mbox.

HTH.