Re: [LI] Prob with Mutt

On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 08:10:01PM +0530, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:
> Now when I fire up Mutt it gives the message
> /var/spool/mail/root is absent.
> When I created it, mutt gives a message /var/spool/mail/root is not a
> mialbox.

How did you create /var/spool/mail/root ?  Is it empty ?

Try this ...
bash# >/var/spool/mail/root

to create /var/spool/mail/root

Be sure to set the permissions right. If you do not create
/var/spool/mail/root, Mutt will complain, but sendmail will create it
anyway when mail arrives.

--
Do you support 'free software'?  Visit http://mvm.linuxbox.com
Visit the ILUG-Cochin home page at http://www.netshooter.com/ilug-cochin