Re: [LI] Re: Buggy RH 6.1

> Chip Mag sent out a totally screwed up and broken version of Redhat 6 -
> which in itself is a slightly buggy beast.
> > 4.    After every other thing i now found out that i am not able
> > to print or even linux is not able to detect my
>
> In /etc/conf.modules - set "alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc" without the
> quotes naturally <g> and restart lpd (using printtool say).  Set the
> filter to your printer (most are supported, for HP 700 series - Atul has a
> driver somewhere).

I wanted to say a few words of my experience. Though I do not want to
take sides with magazines, There was no printing config problem in RH6.0
that came with CHIP.
Even after changing conf.modules file in /etc. as said from printtool,
test printing of postscript does not occur with RH6.1 version but was ok
with RH6.0 for the same printer TVSE MSP345. May be some tweaking is
still required.

> > 5.  When trying to compile my code for KDE i also get the same
> > problem for th e depepndency of Qt lib ot KDE lib
>
> Reinstall KDE (or at least the missing lib files) from the RedHat/RPMs
> directory.

There was a correction msg regarding installing with right qt libs with
./configure. In spite of that configuring kde apps in RH6.1 was not
successful like application kvoice.

rp3 even after errata update is still gives error unable to access the
device first time. There may be some problem with distro and some with
missing some libs.
This mail is not to find fault with PCQ and praise CHIP. I am a
subscriber of both PCQ more than 5 years and CHIP from beginning. Bottom
line is that problems are to be addressed and solved.
--
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA