[LI] Re: Buggy RH 6.1 (attn Atul)

Hello

Atul Chitnis wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>
> > (I have a sort of feeling Atul is going to join this thread with a
polite
> > request for you to rtfm first, before criticizing the PCQ CD <g>)
>
> Don't have to - you already did. ;-)
>
> Our biggest pain in life is the criticism people heap on our CD based
on
> an upgrade on a bad/incomplete prior installation.

Ok here is it !!! i have stated clearly that i tried to install AND
upgrade
both and the problems i faced were more or less same.  And as far as the
no of
installation are concerned I am handling the complete network setup of
45
systems running linux in my Hostel with a very varied quality of system
ranging from 486, Pentiums to P-III 128 MB and am the sys administrator
of
Linux Lab in our Institute with one Netfinity and 20 nodes. So this is
not a
problem faced on a single system that's why i wrote this mail.

And i am not that new to linux, i am using linux from the very second
Linux
Slackware CD provided by PCQuest in 20th Century ;) And this time i came

across with some problems that i never had.

> <rantmode>
> The problem is assumption by most people that nothing can be their
fault
> and that it *must* be the other side (in this case the "PCQ CD") that
is
> to blame.

Now here is the problem like it is said "Chor ki dadi mein tinka"
(Joking)
(Atul you used to have a french beard when you wrote editorials for
PCQuest,
as a 9th grade kid i used to read those articles and that's why i used
to buy
PC Quest at that time)

I never said that PCQuest or RedHat is at fault ! What i said was

> I am not flaming !!! but this time my *********personal opinion******
is
that the RH 6.1 CD which has been *****provided by
> PC Quest***** is a bit but more buggy. The earlier versions of RH were
more
easy and less problematic these are the problems >that i have faced or
am
facing

I can also be at  a fault but tell me if i am, i am not ashame of taking
the
responsibilty if i am wrong...

> It is amazing how people mix up things. For example - the message
mentions
> Kdevelop and uses it partially to prove that "RedHat Linux 6.1" is
bad.
> Unfortunately RHL 6.1 does *not* ship with Kdevelop, Java, Flagship,
> Instant ASP, Jessie, Kdebug, MySQL, glimpse, LICQ, VMware, Abiword,
Balsa,
> Jpilot, Magicpoint, GNUpg, PGP, ssh 1 and 2, putty or tripwire. Nor
does
> it ship with a /pcq directory at all (this includes the much maligned
> pcqupdt). *Everything* in /pcq is vaueadd by PCQ and *not* part of RHL

> 6.1.

Ok now take my answer for this one, here RH 6.1 represents the CD
provided by
you guys, it's not the CD provided by RedHat. So here it means that
there are
some bugs while working with the PCQ RH 6.1 (i think this will be more
clearer
to you).

> Just because we tried to give *more* than what comes with RHL 6.1 does
not
> make RHL 6.1 bad/buggy.
> </rantmode>
>
> Atul

I completely give you guys credit to start the Linux revolution in india
and i
really thank your team, but there is a problem with you guys if you take
the
responsibility of making a good project then why do you guys run away or
try
to give lame excuses for small faults which might have been made by
anybody.

Ok then this means that if it is proved that the PCQ RH6.1 is buggy then
you
and your team are at a fault not RedHat ok !

Anand Singh Bisen