Re: [LI] Re: Buggy RH 6.1

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> (I have a sort of feeling Atul is going to join this thread with a polite
> request for you to rtfm first, before criticizing the PCQ CD <g>)

Don't have to - you already did. ;-)

Our biggest pain in life is the criticism people heap on our CD based on
an upgrade on a bad/incomplete prior installation.

<rantmode>
The problem is assumption by most people that nothing can be their fault
and that it *must* be the other side (in this case the "PCQ CD") that is
to blame.

It is amazing how people mix up things. For example - the message mentions
Kdevelop and uses it partially to prove that "RedHat Linux 6.1" is bad.
Unfortunately RHL 6.1 does *not* ship with Kdevelop, Java, Flagship,
Instant ASP, Jessie, Kdebug, MySQL, glimpse, LICQ, VMware, Abiword, Balsa,
Jpilot, Magicpoint, GNUpg, PGP, ssh 1 and 2, putty or tripwire. Nor does
it ship with a /pcq directory at all (this includes the much maligned
pcqupdt). *Everything* in /pcq is vaueadd by PCQ and *not* part of RHL
6.1.

Just because we tried to give *more* than what comes with RHL 6.1 does not
make RHL 6.1 bad/buggy.
</rantmode>

Atul