Re: [LI] dial in configuration using mgetty - What about PPP link

I have not tried this on a machine without network card but I think this
should work.

For a PPP connection,
just ensure that your hostname, etc has been set correctly which are
similarly reflected in the changes done by this configuration script.

Just bind an IP address (192.168.0.1) to the local loopback ( lo ) Interface
and set your hostname. Your system should be able to resolve this local
hostname to this IP address (192.168.0.1)

Now run this script and supply the required options.

Setting the local address to 192.168.0.1 remote machine address to
192.168.0.5 (or anything in this range)
and I think this should work.

In the machine that u r dialing in, DO NOT ENABLE THE TERMINAL WINDOW AFTER
DIALUP. fill in the password and the username in the dialing screen of Dial
up networking itself, as we would be using PAP authentication method and NOT
terminal based.

If you want terminal based you would have to run pppd manually after logging
in.

Please try this if you can and update us with the results.

VaibhaV Sharma
Indian Linux Users Group Indore Chapter

Jab gaon mein pachas-pachas network hop door baccha kisi Software ka crack
mangta hai to uski maa kehati hai, `So jaa, bete, so jaa, nahin to Nasscom
se Dewang Mehta aa jayega'.

Thats why folks, Join the free software Revolution. Use Linux.