Re: [LI] dial in configuration using mgetty - What about PPP link

>Thanks jiju for a great script. You have followed exactly the steps
>given in PCQ article with some of your brain. Nice stuff.

thanks for checking it and happy that some body could use it

>Vaibhav I too faced the same problem but in the end I thing jiju has
>done a correct thing.
sorry i forgot to mention that if run at '/' it modifies the real files
but any other folder, it creates only the new ones.

>After running this script I got remote login, but what changes should
>be made in the configuration so that my machine establishes a PPP
>link ? Mine is a standalone desktop machine at home.

some one else could shed some light on this matter, since till date i could
not
check on a machine that does not have a network card.  I think that the
remote logins are providing shell or ppp as according to the permissions.
If the users are of group popusers (userconf), they get ppp access, http,
and email only, with
anonymous ftp (no upload).  incase they are pppusers, a ftp upload is also
permitted, and for
normal users, the shell dialup is also permitted.  I am not a highend admin
and have never paid
heed to permissons etc