Re: [LI] dial in configuration using mgetty

I observed one more thing. I think it was a wise mistake IF IT WAS A
MISTAKE.

I ran the script from the directory /home/vaibhav after "su root"

what the script did was that it created actual directory structure which
contained etc/inittab, etc, etc
and /etc/ppp/options , etc etc in the directory /home/vaibhav

I was hoping that I modified my system files by taking a risk but the found
out that the original files were NOT affected, instead the script created
them in /home/vaibhav/etc and the respective directories

The script would have worked if I would have run it after having /etc as my
current directory.

maybe u can ask the user for a test script installation and a REAL one so
that the user can be assured that the script wont do anything destructive as
a lot of important files are involved.

I remember accidently wiping off my inittab file while experimenting with a
similar script I wrote. And then I had a ride of my life experimenting with
boot disks and stuff like that to restore the original file.

Anyway....Excellent work pal. Your script surely helped one of my Army
friends who is setting up an Intranet for his regiment. Would update you on
its results. For a start I am helping him with apache on RH6.1 and your
script for giving access in the Army campus. Your script helped that newbie
to startup dialin on that Intranet.

VaibhaV Sharma
Indian Linux Users Group Indore Chapter

Jab gaon mein pachas-pachas network hop door baccha kisi Software ka crack
mangta hai to uski maa kehati hai, `So jaa, bete, so jaa, nahin to Nasscom
se Dewang Mehta aa jayega'.

Thats why folks, Join the free software Revolution. Use Linux.