Re: [LI] RedHat 6.1 slower than NT??

 Hi

 Could you please post your hardware configuration? I am really surprised
to hear that RH6.1 is slower than NT. I did a custom install at my home.
And apart from slight delay at startup, it generally works far faster
than even Win95, forget NT.

 You could do couple of things,

 1)Run linuxconf and remove all the services you don't need. Typical
examples for home PC are inetd, Postgres SQL, nfs, cron(if you know what
you are doing!), at etc. That will perhaps give you a boost in
performance.

 2)It seems that you are working heavily on X. Check whether X is properly
configured. Does linux without X is as slower?

 3)Check the swap settings? What are they? Perhaps that may be the reason.
This is a remote possibility, but I don't know your machine
configuration.