[LI] Linux slower than Windows??

Hi

Its OK if Linux runs faster than NT or even Win95 but as far as GUI speed is
considered, Windows is ahead. Try switching to a folder having lots of files
using any X based file manager and compare the time after which you get the
files listed.

Another drawback I noticed as a programmer is that till Linux works in core
memory, it works just fine. However when it goes for swapping, it takes much
much more time than that required by Windows box.

I would request interested guys to perform simple test and post their
results.

I am sure the results will be very interesting.

Regards
Urmil Parikh