Re: [LI] identd

On  0, "Binand Raj S." <binand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sathya Rangaswamy forced the electrons to say:
> > I blocked his IPs on my firewall so there ! Thank you identd !
> >
> > Any thoughts anybody ?
>
> Just think of the number of sites you will have to block before soon...
> Or maybe your R. Spammer will just try with another ip address...
>
> Better is to shut off relaying, isn't it?

Shut off relaying and my personal suggestions,

1. Change from Sendmail to Qmail. Fast and secure.
2. Block port 25 on the modem interface. You will still be able to send mail.

Subba Rao
subb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com