Re: [LI] identd

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 08:03:25PM -0600, Sathya Rangaswamy wrote:
> > what is the significance of identd.

Thanks a bunch for your replies. Guess what ? someone in russia was trying to
telnet to my sendmail port 25 . I bet you he was trying to check the version of
sendmail  because older versions of sendmail supported relaying by default.
Just some spammer I suppose trying to use my mail server as a relay.
I blocked his IPs on my firewall so there ! Thank you identd !

Any thoughts anybody ?
sathya