Re: [LI] identd

I think it was some IRC server that pushed those identd reply messages in
your syslog. Services like IRC rely on identd to identify the user on the
client side. Windows does not have this service so it is usually coded
inside the clients such as mIRC etc. In UNIX, the daemon runs on port 113.
You can confirm with netstat -ip