Re: [LI] Partitioning : No free primary

> > Also If you want to use
> > the NT  kernel loader to boot Linux or NT you wont go anywhere with NTFS and you
> > will be stuck with a Linux boot floppy for ever .
>
> What do mean? My wife uses NT boot loader to load Linux and NT ,
> and never needed a boot floppy for either!
I mean with NTFS you cannot copy the boot image over from linux to NT so that
the loader can read it . Your wife must be having FAT. So your NT loader works
fine. With NTFS  therefore linux boot floppy is your only go. Good luck trying
to use LILO to load NT. I once installed LILO on a dual boot with NT and I had
to reinstall NT.
> I understand large drives have a jumper setting to
>enable using the > entire space. Correct me if I am wrong , as I never even
>touched a HDD > larger than 6 GB.
Nope. I recently built a server with a 12 GIG drive no problems. No jumpers  or
any such thing.