Re: [LI] Partitioning : No free primary

> > > Also If you want to use
> > > the NT  kernel loader to boot Linux or NT you wont go anywhere with
NTFS and you
> > > will be stuck with a Linux boot floppy for ever .
> >
> > What do mean? My wife uses NT boot loader to load Linux and NT ,
> > and never needed a boot floppy for either!
> I mean with NTFS you cannot copy the boot image over from linux to NT so
that
> the loader can read it . Your wife must be having FAT. So your NT loader
works
> fine. With NTFS  therefore linux boot floppy is your only go.

you know my girlfriend doesn't have any FAT :-) . She initially had *FAT*.
But I converted her. Now she has NTFS on the first 2GB! I use the next 2GB
for linux ( /boot=20MB, swap=64MB , /=rest).
And I have set NT to boot by default after waiting for *only* 5 secs, so
that she gets very little time to skip to linux. And *we* both start with
NTLDR without any FLOPS.

HTH ;-)
Kousik