Re: [LI] >> Wine and Freemware clarifications << Calling the gurus

Hi

> Rajesh, I have read from this list there is something called freemware.
> Like vmware for free.
> Can you get that? They say it is going to be free and to be released
> shortly. I am waiting
> for that. It sound like a verrrrrry good idea. htt://www.freemware.org .
> I think.

Freemware is also still in alpha stages, This will not be a immidiate solution
for you.

> > In any case you will have to partition the hard disk and install windus on
it. > > Since through wine you are just acccesing the windos applications from
windows > > partition.

> Oh shit! Exactly what I didn't want to do. What about vmware/freemware?
> They also wish
> to have windows installed?

Not exactly, based on the way wine works you don't require a windows partition
to run windows application in wine. It as support for most of the Win API built
into its linux native library (libwine If I am not wrong). So you don't require
the windows standard dlls like user32, gdi, etc.

However if the windows application uses its own set of dlls you will have to
have it in the path set in wine.conf  so that wine can use it.

--
Keep :-)
HanishKVC