Re: [LI] Calling the gurus

> Don't be too dependent on wine if you want to run windows applications, since
> it is still in Beta stage with lot of bugs and it may not run all your
> programs. The best bet is to use vmware.

Rajesh, I have read from this list there is something called freemware.
Like vmware for free.
Can you get that? They say it is going to be free and to be released
shortly. I am waiting
for that. It sound like a verrrrrry good idea. htt://www.freemware.org .
I think.

> In any case you will have to partition the hard disk and install windus on it.
> Since through wine you are just acccesing the windos applications from windows
> partition.

Oh shit! Exactly what I didn't want to do. What about vmware/freemware?
They also wish
to have windows installed?

> Wine is giving errors if I try to load Word 97 from my windows
> partition. Only some small applications such as solitaire, media player, file
> manager run properly under wine.

Man, may be I will HAVE to have windows for BC++ builder etc etc...
I have already, just now, posted the scheme of partitioning on the list.
Won't repeat it here.

> Taking into consideration your machine configuration the performance of wine on
> your machine may be better and faster on you system.

True. Even I sure hope. Who doesn't?

> If you install wine that let me know how it performed on your machine and which
> windows applications you were able to run without any problems.

Don't think I will. Waiting for freemware and till then, running 95/NT
and Linux on a partitioned 8 Gb HDD.

Regards,
Rohit