[LI] Calling the gurus

Suggest something. This is important too.
I have a machine [with you guys help, I finally bought it].
Configuration is as follows...

P3-450/128MB SD RAM/8MB SG RAM/Trident AGP [trying for winfast]/8 GB
HDD/Yamaha OPL sound card.

My target is to be able to do programming in Linux [I love it], to be
able to run commercial applications written for Winder$ users [J++
builder, BC++, VC++, Developer2000 and MS studio, which are part of my
job and will be of help at home] as well as to play demanding games
written for DOS/Win3x/Win9X/WinNT.

I wish to install RH 6.1 on the whole HDD here. And I am thinking about
installing WINE beforehand [since VMWARE bahut mahanga hain] for all the
MS applications. I have gathered from this list that if WINE is
congigured properly, all these applications should run with little
trouble and some slowdown.

Please tell me, keeping in mind your experiences, if WINE layering will
considerably slowdown everything! I wish NOT to partition the HDD, not
to have to install DOS/Windows-9/Nx etc and I wish to assess if it will
be possible to ..

1. Run developer2000 etc applications which tinker with the registry in
windows.
2. Run games which are supported on DOS, and are demanding

Basically, I am trying to assess the amoung of "slowdowns" of apps for
the given hardware that I have. Those who have slightest experience with
WINE, please elaborate. I need all that I can get. Please help me.
Eagerly awaiting response.
Rohit