Re: [LI] Downgrading pppd & lpd??

> Similarly, there will be other issues. One guy who bitched his head off to
> me on the phone finally realised that his display card had only 1 MB of
> RAM on it, which is why he couldn't do 1024x768x24bits as his friend was
> able to do. And then he had the audacity to tell me that "I am able to get
> 1024x768x24bits under Windows"!
> Yeah, right. With 1 MB of display memory. :-\

I think the kind of condition India is going through right now, we could
use
more magicians like this fellow. Atul, forward me the number, address,
name,
email address, size of his shoes, his preferred drink and his favourite
car's
model. Thanks.

Correct me if I am wrong. He will get nothing better than 800x600x16 in
any case anywhere
using any os.

> Another one cribbed about his "orginal Creative Sound card" not working,
> until he discovered that his vendor had given him one of those cheapo
> Yamaha cards instead.

:-( I have a Yamaha. OPL+. Is it that bad a choice?