Re: [LI] Downgrading pppd & lpd??

> Make no mistake about it - if there is a problem with the CD, I'll be the
> first to admit it. I know what the issues with *some* of the SiS6215c
> installs are, and am documenting them. I have also posted the solution to
> the SiS6326 problems. I have also advised people to do the text based
> install instead of the graphical one - less problems and *much* faster.

Atul I hate you for not responding to my personal mail. The rest of the
mail is
for the rest of the universe, *including* people on this list.

People.  Go for a text-based install. There was some problem with my
VRAM. In Win,
the games shows two streaks on the screen. When I did an 'everything'
installation
using the GUI of PCQ Nov CD RHL 6.1, installation completed without any
problem what
so ever but there was no X. I mean there was NO X. Xserver not found.
Simple. And it
took some 1.2 hrs to install. After three installs + lot of sweat +
raaton ki neend
aur din ka chain lost, I had the sense to come to TRY textbased install.
DID that.
ONLY THEN was a step-by-step install done and I could realise that
monitor/xserver
everything is fine. Just that there is NO WAY RAM was functioning
properly.

The text mode of installation is GOOD men. I think it took some 30
minutes to install.
Simple. It was done during my having my dinner last night. So
convenient. Robust. Flexible.

Digest a couple of thousand mails posted in last two months. And I am
sure you will have
no trouble with the CD.

Atul, you are yet to reply.

Regards,