Re: [LI] Help required on Linux

> Sudhakar,
> Thanks for your informative reply. As you may have gathered I have very
> little, if any, knowledge of linux. However I have been asked to provide a
> solution on linux instead of WIN NT by my client so I have to get all the
> necessary info immediately.
>
> I have another question.
>
> This client wants to setup an intranet and file server on the same
> computer. THe intranet server/sw should allow atleast four simultaneous
> logins (through 4 modems) by users to retrieve info from a database. These
> users will have rights set to view only certain html pages which in turn
> retrieve the info from the database. Also, such users can send queries in
> another set of html pages. Can such a system be implemented in linux?

This can be done as far as i think because one of my senior have done this
with his P-II 128 MB. but the dial in server is of only one user at a time
thous there wont be any problem configuring for 4 dialin's it's just a
matter of installing 4  modems. and a little configuration of scripts

the thing you are talking about the software part is lively implemented in
our institute's lab which is again done by the students using linux and PHP3
and MySQL. i.e. the authorative  students can make and change the
requirments in our editorial section and other sections  which in turn
changes the database and normal students can only look the web site but cant
change because they dont have password

"I know i have explained this thing in very disgusting manner but i just
want to tell you that our classmates have done this two things in practical
but differently so there must be a way to do both of them in single system
(implementation)) "

thanks

Anand Singh Bisen