Re: [LI] Help required on Linux

Sudhakar,
Thanks for your informative reply. As you may have gathered I have very
little, if any, knowledge of linux. However I have been asked to provide a
solution on linux instead of WIN NT by my client so I have to get all the
necessary info immediately.

I have another question.

This client wants to setup an intranet and file server on the same
computer. THe intranet server/sw should allow atleast four simultaneous
logins (through 4 modems) by users to retrieve info from a database. These
users will have rights set to view only certain html pages which in turn
retrieve the info from the database. Also, such users can send queries in
another set of html pages. Can such a system be implemented in linux?

Also, could someone recommend some books which I could use to learn linux
and be able to implement the above?

Thanks in advance
B.S.Girish