[LI] Help required on Linux

Hello All,

I have an intranet project that must be implemented for one of my clients.
I am evaluating Linux for him instead of WIN NT and MS-BackOffice. All my
programming will be done using VIsual Studio. However for the backend I am
thinking of using Linux.

I have searched the WEB pages at Linuxhq.com for answers but could not find
any. I hope one of you can help me.

My questions are:-

1. Does Linux have an in-built RDBMS which supports intranet features and
that can be accessed by a VB app that runs on a WIN95 node.

2. Does the RDBMS have CLient Access Licenses just as MS-SQL Server has?

3. Is there a limit to the number of users that can access the database at
any given point of time?

4. Can Dynamic WEB paes; pages that retrieve data from an RDBMS be hosted
on LINUX. If so using which language?  I.e., can ASP be used?

5. Can Linux be used on the server to allow users to dial in using a modem
and their preferred browser to access data from the RDBMS stored on the
Linux server.

6. Do all the above features require separate software? If so are they free
or do they have to be purchased?

Can anyone help me with these questions?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Girish
Akshara Technologies