[LI] Hi everyone , Have a prob, got a soln??

Hi everyone,
             I am new to this group and I want to learn a lot of things
from all of you about linux. I am doing my B.Tech.(3rd Yr.)(Comp. Sc. &
Engg.) from IIT Guwahati.
             I have a problem using wget to retrieve a file.Suppose I want
to download a file of size 1MB and after I downloaded 500KB of it I lost
connection or I had to shut down my comp.Now the site
was an HTTP site so I can't use ftp to reget the file from where it
ended.The man page of wget says that you can retrieve the file from where
you left but doesn't say how.Please help me since i'm not able to find the
way out.(don't tell me bout getright or any 'other' utility,only 'wget').