Re: [LI] Hi everyone , Have a prob, got a soln??

Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 10:54:07 +0530 (IST)
From: <tiwari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

: Now the site was an HTTP site so I can't use ftp to reget the file from
where it
: ended.The man page of wget says that you can retrieve the file from where

i use wget -c ftp://ftp.foo.org/foobar.rpm
If i *do* get disconnected in between - which usually *does* infact happen
... - I retype the wget -c <URL> and it resumes from where it left off .
I have used only ftp to transfer files across [ with wget that is ] ... and
whatever rpm's or tgz's i needed have so far been available on www sites
which support ftp ... am yet to d/l using http....
I am also very sure that for a newbie , whatever you need *will* infact be
available on ftp archives... I believe ftp works faster than http ... so
preferentially use ftp.
Try using the search engine at http://www.freshmeat.net/

--------

ps : you might get a better response if you put in 'wget usage problems' as
your subject line rather than say 'hello , i'm from guwahati' .... [ no
offense intended ] ; also , your intro was not exactly *essential* ... more
people on the list dont really care if you're from guwahati or timbuktoo ,
but what exactly your problem is , since most of us are on multiple lists...
and FYI i get close to 180 mails a day and wouldnt really care to look thro'
a mail that details more on non-linux stuff than linux-stuff. I'm telling
you all this because you're new to this list... and dont know how this
works. You could try the mali that you wrote to the ilug-Guwahati list , and
hope to evoke better response [ maybe ] . On a happier note , welcome to the
LI mailing list and here's wishing you happy linuxing.