Re: [LI] Hi everyone , Have a prob, got a soln??

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999 tiwari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

->Hi everyone,
->             I am new to this group and I want to learn a lot of things
->from all of you about linux. I am doing my B.Tech.(3rd Yr.)(Comp. Sc. &
->Engg.) from IIT Guwahati.
->             I have a problem using wget to retrieve a file.Suppose I want
->to download a file of size 1MB and after I downloaded 500KB of it I lost
->connection or I had to shut down my comp.Now the site
->was an HTTP site so I can't use ftp to reget the file from where it
->ended.The man page of wget says that you can retrieve the file from where
->you left but doesn't say how.Please help me since i'm not able to find the

Ofcourse the man pages say how to do this.  use wget -t 0 followed by URL.
Preferably issue this command from the directory where the partial download
is located.

Nagarjuna