Re: Startup scripts: CUI Utils Episode I (The Prequel) ;-)

On 21/04/01 21:32 +0600, Devdas Bhagat spewed into the LI bitstream:

> On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Sriram Karra spewed into the ether:

> > The first step in encouraging people to take this approach is to stop
> > auto munging of the Reply-To: headers by the list mgmt software, and
> > encourage the correct use of Mail-Followup-To.
> Mine will always be set to the list.

 Ouch.  This is an *old* can of worms, folks :)  Also, just how many clients do
 you think obey M-F-T?  Even pine doesnt obey it.  Mutt (and gnus) do.  I doubt
 if _anything_ in the 'doze world respects anything other than a reply-to
 header.

 Also, MFT is a kludge - a carryover from the Followup-To: used in netnews.
 Try the gnus.org archive (several threads on why this is a good / bad idea
 there, from three years back).

 No, I wasn't on that list then - this question cropped up on mutt-users today
 (again) and I was doing a google search.

	-s
--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <---->  mallet <at> efn dot org
Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.