Re: Startup scripts: CUI Utils Episode I (The Prequel) ;-)

Dear Saurabh,

> I think we should restrict the use of the list to topics of general
interest
> and avoid one-on-one communication that has been happening lately in
this
> thread. This annoys the other Listers and is a bandwidth hog
considering
> that the same message is routed to about 400 subscribers. You can
always
> send the mail to the other person directly.

Don't you think I could have simply solved the problem by asking a
Linux wizard about it?
What you don't get is that, when we are discussing the problem, we are
providing solutions also, and these things get archived...
Next time a newbie or somebody else wants a solution to a similar
problem, he need not post it again, he will as is the practise first
check out the archives...
In that case, what do you think, sending personal mails would help in
any way to the rest of the Listas?

A bandwidth hog??
which era are you living in where a few kb of data is gonna hog the
whole bandwidth?
Especially data which can prove usefull to someone else other than you?

If you are being so selfish, why don't you simply ignore the mails or
go off list?

Warm Regards,

~Mayuresh

--