Re: Viability of Linux companies (Was Re: A Linux Today story has been mailed to you!)

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Mukund wrote:

> The Indian software earnings are mostly body shopping for low profile jobs,

I entirely agree with Mukund, In fact I have often compared these people
as slave traders, the only difference is at times their slaves get paid
well!

I remember the flames I faced on the Nagpur City list when I had said this
thing about 18 months ago. To be precise I had likened most of the Indian
software professionals to the chinese railroad labourers of the 19th
century. A thread which is currently on in the same list proves that
though my words were harsh they were also true.

The point being - average India / Indian just dont have the attitude to
"Go get it". To top it everybody wants to make money fast,
agreeably becuase we are a poor third world nation. Given the
combination of these factors it is unlikely that India will emerge as a
software power, powerhouse for fuel - very likely.

nuff said.

Tarique

P.S. I forgot to mention a very supporitve government.

       B2B Application Providers
        http://www.sanisoft.com
 Vortal for Nagpur http://nagpurcity.net