Re: Viability of Linux companies (Was Re: A Linux Today story has been mailed to you!)

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Biju Chacko wrote:

 |Come on! Lets be honest here... IE5.5 is a _far_ more standards-compliant
NO! It is not... M$FT has yet to come out with something that is standards
compliant(ie., other than their own standards!)

FYI IE doesn't do JavaScript(TM)! (I don't think it ever did)

 |browser than Netscape 4.7x. And it's a lot more stable to boot (given the
 |limitations of it's host OS ;-) ).

There was a discussion on this very topic on freshmeat sometime back...
and it was almost unanimous that netscape was more standards compliant.
But IE was more error tolerant.(maybe because it doesn't comply to
standards)

M$FT has linked the browser and the OS together so they are as stable as
each other.

 |My browser of choice is konqueror. It simply rocks. It's worth it to
 |install KDE just for it.

Yeah it's pretty cool... but I'm used to netscape and don't mind sticking
to it for the time being.(I use fvwm and it's pretty stable(the browser
not the WM))

I use Galeon when I have to read long pages of text as the font resizing
feature is really cool!

Kingsly

	        .:: Kingsly John                ICQ 14787510 ::.
            .:: Linux 2.4.3 #6 Tue Apr 17 10:23:55 IST 2001 i686 ::.
           `:. Posted to the list on Tue Apr 17 19:16:11 IST 2001 .:'