Re: Reply to Mr. Nikhil's Hyderabad team building easy to use operating system

On 07/04/01 02:56 +0530, Saurabh Garg spewed into the LI bitstream:

> I am sure no one would be getting it. After all the Aryan Linux people
> have
> good ambitions and transparent objectives.

Transparency seems to be the major bone of contention here

> still being called a scumbag. Being the responsible members of the Linux
> Community, we should join hands and make such Indian initiatives successful
> rather than sling dirty mud on those who try.

Dude, thats exactly what we offered to do - initially.  Afterwards, when all
attempts to make contact get ignored, the natural inclination is to believe
this is yet another aryabhatt linux (see the ilug-bom site for a longish story
on this)

> be proud of. Who knows, this battle royale could end up in producing an
> Indian Linux distrib far better than mandrake and SuSE !!!

I sincerely hope so.

> I hope all members agree that unity is the name of the game and
> co-operation the way to success.

Which is what the gentlemen from Aryan Linux failed to realize over the past
year or so.

> PS:  Raju sir, I like the way your message quotes have the name of the
> sender. how do you do it ?

use emacs (vm, mh, gnus, whatever) as your mail program ... this is called
"supercite".  You can also do it in pine or mutt, quite easily.

	-s

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <---->  mallet <at> efn dot org