Re: Reply to Mr. Nikhil's Hyderabad team building easy to use operating system

S. Krishnan rearranged electrons thusly:

> Don't you know that the 2.3 kernel is *experimental*, and that it would be a
> very silly thing to build a distro - and that too a consumer oriented
> product - around an experimental kernel, and that too, one that had outlived
> its life with the release of 2.4.  Probably shows what these guys are all
> about....

This "aryan linux" thingy is pretty old - when the 2.3 kernel was midway
through devel.  Several ilug-hyd members tried to contact these people (based
on details of this so-called "distro" which were then on their website).

We also tried to get them to involve themselves with ilug-hyd (or at least
coordinate / get together).  Lots of fairly strong comment / criticism of the
distro on the ilug-hyd list. Stony silence from their side.

Now, this sudden diatribe ...

funny.  really funny.

	-s

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org