Re: Threading and mutt (was: Re: Perhaps this is what Linux needs...)

Hi,

Babu Kalakrishnan typed:
> As far as I can recall, mutt always uses the In-Reply-To: and
> criterion - i.e messages  with the same subject line are also added to the
> thread.

No, the default behaviour is that messages with the same subject line
are grouped together even if the In-Reply-To and References fields
don't exist. However, if strict_threads is set, then messages are
grouped together only if References/In-Reply-To exist.

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxx> http://mrinal.dhs.org/
Linux 2.4.2 || PGP:B1E86F5B || Mutt 1.3.15i (2001-02-12) || VIM 5.7
> No manual is ever necessary.
May I politely interject here: BULLSHIT.  That's the biggest Apple lie of all!
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of interfaces.)