Re: Experience the New Windows

--- Dwivedi Ajay kumar <ajayd@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 	I agree too.. User friendlyness is good but only to
> a certain
> extent. I do not want to see my linux become *idiot
> friendly* like
> windows.

linux need not be idiot-friendly, but it can atleast
be userfriendly, which it already is, but not as easy
as windows, which, i think, is not idiot friendly,
just a bit idiotic and offensive ('illegal operations'
and all that. sorry for the comparison!). the
'ordinary user' must have atleast some extent of
willingness to learn a new OS, then he'll find linux
to be friendly, like i discovered, as i had a lot of
time to try various linux apps. but at times i feel if
it were friendlier than this. i must confess i had no
difficulties except non-rpm installations, font
installations, samba configuration, and the slowness
and crash-proneness of KDE2, which, i think, can be
overcome with more effort on my part. i'm ready to
re-install linux 100 times to learn all these things.
100 times because i'd mess up the system as an
inexperienced root :) and i'm thinking of
investigating on why KDE2 crashes on an i810 - celeron
machine. or i'll just switch to gnome!

userfriendliness sure makes an OS slow. but how come
it makes the OS lack security? Suresh, i'm curious to
know, can you please explain it to me?

- Diwakar

- Diwakar