Re: Experience the New Windows

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Nero ,The Fiddler wrote:

> userfriendliness sure makes an OS slow. but how come
> it makes the OS lack security? Suresh, i'm curious to
> know, can you please explain it to me?

	Theory says, any software can be both userfriendly and bugfree
(read secure if its a system/suid software). But is it so in reality?

Also, an user friendly software makes some wild guesses about what you
want to do with it. Ever tried linuxconf? It may just fsck all those
settigs you made long long ago to finetune your machine. It simply assumes
things should be like that even if you want  them to be like this.

	What I mean to say, is that the probability of bugs in software is
directly (or should I say exponentially) proportional to its size. The
more complexity you add to it, more unsecure they become (and yes
sucurity is not only something related to system/suid servieces).

--

#!!!	If anything can go wrong, _FIX_ it. (To hell with MURPHY)

						Ajay kumar Dwivedi
						 ajayd@xxxxxxxxxx